Slang term used originally to describe a sexually attractive woman. Originally coined by rapper Kool Moe Dee
in his 1987 track "Go See the Doctor" (Source: Oxford Historical Dictionary of American Slang). In the hip-hop community, the term originally was only applied to females, and still does to this day, but the term was later adopted by white American teens to describe both attractive young males and females.
"Pump it, hottie. Pump it, pump it hottie."
- Redhead Kingpin from Redhead Kingpin and the FBI's 1989 rap song "Pump It Hottie", about ladies doing their thing on the dancefloor.
legend who revolutionized the game, but who's career was cut short when he contracted HIV
. For a basketball player's game to be compared to Magic Johnson is a high honor.
Oh, snap! Did you see homeboy pull off that no-look behind-the-back pass? That kid's the next Magic Johnson!
1. In L.A. gang culture slang, a wannabe.
2. In sports, an athlete who excelled as an amateur(high school, college, etc.), but when they turned professional, failed to live up to the expectations.
1. "Your own barrio doesn't back you up, they just look at your ass and call you a poo butt."
- Kid Frost, "La Raza"
2. Adam was the bomb in college, but when he went to the NBA, he got straight dominated. What a poo butt.
In South-Central Los Angeles, wearing Los Angeles Lakers clothing and gear is generally considered gang-neutral. While wearing Lakers clothing won't necessarily guarantee your safety, it does make a statement to gang members that you're not looking for trouble.
Wearing Lakers gear in South-Central will buy you a little safety, but it is not guaranteed.
Red (Bloods) + Blue (Crips) = Purple (Lakers color)
A type of mid-life crisis where persons over the age of 18, but usually in their mid-20s to early-30s, start to freak out that they are aging and not getting any younger, so they compensate by wearing Hollister Co. clothing. Bear in mind that Hollister Co., by the company's own definition, sells apparel targeted to the 14 to 18 year old age demographic. So when you see that creepy 27 year old guy walking in the mall wearing a Hollister Co. t-shirt, try not to laugh too hard. He's just having a Hollister Life Crisis.
Mike had just turned 25 years old and started freaking out that he was no longer "young and hip" like the teenyboppers. He felt if he wore some clothing like the kind his 15 year old little brother wore, he could recapture some of his youth. So he went to Hollister Co. and bought some new outfits for himself. He thought he was cool, but most of the high school kids thought he was a creepy old dude trying to act young. He was having a Hollister Life Crisis.
A bro hoe
who has a kid(s). Easy to spot at places like the mall, supermarket, etc. with child in tow, usually wearing outfits like velour track suits, or short shirts that expose their tramp stamp
Jenny was dating that bro
Kyle and she got pregnant. Now she's gonna' end up a bro mama.
1. The first haircut a new recruit receives upon joining the military.
2. The electric buzz clippers used to deliver said haircut.
1. Say goodbye to your long hair, son. You're in the Army now - time for your Emo Eliminator.
2. The Army barber whipped out the Emo Eliminator and went to work on the fresh recruits.