Facebook Ethics is a major branch of philosophy, encompassing right conduct and good life over the electronic medium Facebook. The guiding principle of Facebook ethics is that of exercising sound judgement and morality when establishing relationships, networking, or simply keeping in touch with old friends.
Examples of breaching Facebook ethics include:
- Posting inappropriate pictures of either yourself or friends engaged in raucous behavior, binge drinking, or doing illegal drugs.
- Posting nasty comments about ex boyfriends new girlfriends at an attempt to invoke jealousy, cause pain, insult the other party
- Incessantly posting on people's walls thereby shielding other people's comments and creating a monopoly on said person's wall
- Discussing insensitive topics that could be read by other people- examples include religion, politics, and racism/sexism
- Tagging friends in pictures that are less than flattering.
Brynne breached Facebook Ethics by the posting a blasphemous statement about the existence of God on my wall. Now all my Jesus jamming friends are going to be upset. I better delete the comment
Holiday Ass is the anomaly that occurs when everyone comes home for holiday breaks and hooks up with the same person. This is not an ongoing relationship, but is a no-strings attached hookup that occurs between two people who have in the past had latent sexual energy building since they were in 4th grade together.
This Christmas, I wonder how much holiday ass I will get- either it will be with my high school crush or my tenth grade teaching assistant....