Wapanese, to some people, would mean something like "a white person acting like Japanese", but I come from a country where there are also a growing number of people who mindlessly worship Japan and anything Japanese, to the point of downgrading and hating altogether their point of origin.
Let's just say that "Wapanese" are "Wannabe Japanese"
What marks a Wapanese from other people? Non-Japanese people who watch anime, read manga and study Japanese culture and language are not Wapanese. Now, let us define this scourge of the modern world, shall we?
Wapanese are people who:
1. Are obsessed to a mentally unstable level with anything connected with Japan
, like the Japanese language, Japanese customs, and Japanese cultural fads to the point that they smother themselves with these in order to bury their own origins. For example, a person named "Maria Punzalan", in an attempt to become Japanese, would actually use a Japanese-inspired pseudonym in her fanfics or her shitty art, like "Sakuranomiya Seijunomita". Urgh. How pathetic.
2. They believe that Japan
is the best country that the world has ever seen. They don't care that Japan views their people If they could, they would shed of their identities and scrape off their skin and names just to be Japanese. A person named John Robert dela Cruz would hate to be named such and would rather be a Japanese high school student named Keitaro Something Miaymoto. And surrounded with girls.
3. The artists among their kind are EXTRAORDINARILY CLOSE-MINDED about other kinds of art. In Deviantart
, there are people who make up second rate imitations of manga who dislike other forms of illustration. If a group of these turds come from, say, a country with a long tradition of comics, they would loathe their native works to no end, snub them and then exalt their chosen manga idols.
4. Do they know anything about Japan, really? No. They may listen to asinine J-pop songs that endlessly moan about love and pink hearted matters, they may pepper their conversations with "shonen-ai
" and "ganbare
", they may fill their typed words with retarded emoticons like "^_^", and they may make second rate manga art with storylines ripped from some CLAMP
manga, but THEY ARE IGNORANT about Japanese history, as they are apathetic about their own origins. I have never encountered a Wapanese fangirl who can name Japan's first emperor.
5. They have also unhealthy obsessions with supposedly handsome anime characters that resemble chopsticks painted with faces. They do such in a toxic level that other people who see that they worship some bony asshat drawn on paper would vomit to death.
6. And last but not the least, they act as if they are some bastard mixture of Card Captor Sakura and Inuyasha. They do a lot of mannerisms that resemble those of anime characters, like pouting when they are upset, or making those strange purring noises they think are cute (they've picked up those from anime characters). They could not come to think that those mannerisms, though cute to some, are uttely irritating.