A uniquely American drink that apparently tea drinkers outside the US just don't get. Both refreshing and caffeinated, but be careful what you order -- Southerners like it really, really sweet.
A device created by Texas Instruments primarily as a productivity sink for math students. Has long since been replaced by models capable of creating even more distraction (like the TI-84 Plus
It is true that I would never have gotten through college calculus without my TI-83, but seriously -- what did my professor think I was doing with it out in the middle of friggin' July with all the other summer school tards?
Wealthy people whose political beliefs are nominally on the left side of the spectrum, but tend to have a rather hypocritical view of liberal agendas, being happy to write checks but unwilling to support them once they start affecting their private schools and gated communities.
Limousine liberals are the kind that silly old saying refers to when it says "if you're not a conservative by 30 you have no brain". If you're going to be a knee-jerk NIMBY, you may as well be a conservative, no matter how you vote.
1. To restart a computer when it's acting like a little bitch
. Common on old Mac and Windows systems, not so common on old Linux boxes, rare on modern computers.
2. To restart a movie, comic, TV, or book franchise in hopes that it won't jump the shark
again. Sometimes works spectacularly (Battlestar Galactica). Sometimes falls flat on its face.
1. "If there's an error, we have this routine called panic, and when it is called, the machine crashes, and you holler down the hall, 'Hey, reboot it.'" --Dennis Ritchie
2. I was contemplating the idea of a Knight Rider
reboot the other day. Would be interesting, definitely, but would it really be Knight Rider without the Hoff
1. Shorthand for the Bela Lugosi/Ed Wood movie that held the title "Worst of all Time", even though "Manos" was worse and "Battlefield Earth" eclipsed it.
2. The sequel to Unix. Nobody's ever heard of it, but apparently it's pretty cool.
The host of a syndicated daytime talk show that specializes in slutty teenagers. Tends to appeal to the same sort of crowd that photoshops Mary Kate and Ashley nudes. Was originally a male-bashing standup comic, but turned self-righteous and got rid of the boob job.
"So I was watching Jenny Jones, and this skanky little eleven-year-old was telling everyone how she slept with the entire Hicksville police department, including the women, and then fell out of her bra."
A former writer for Saturday Night Live, now better known as a liberal activist and comedy writer. Has incited the wrath of many a conservative mainly for cheerfully shoving their own slimeball tactics back in their face. Currently getting very rich off a stupid lawsuit filed by Fox News and dismissed by a very annoyed judge.
"The nice thing about Al Franken is that he doesn't take himself anywhere near as seriously as Michael Moore."