The term Farkle apparently originated among the ST1100 riders. It is an acronym:
From the 2 Wheel Innovations web site:
Farkle: N: An Accessory intended to improve or embellish the original system; opulent luxury item; V: to add pleasure or comfort; to strut about after adding additional items to stock unit thus improving value or performance, usually saying "whoo-hoo" loudly to yourself or your neighbors.
Farkles: As defined by the ST1100 owners' club, a farkle is:
1. (Noun) any modification to one's motorcycle.
2. (Verb) the act of modifying one's motorcycle in some way.
Farkles may have functional or merely aesthetic value, or in fact no value whatsoever! To farkle is to expand one's connection to the motorcycle, to enhance its uniqueness, and provide a venue for personalization.
Farkles are accessories intended to improve some aspect of the vehicle in question.
- Visibility (accessory lighting, reflective materials, headlight modulators)
- Functionality (suspension improvements, cruise control, turn signal cancellation)
- Visual appeal (chrome, paint, stickers, badges)
. . . and so on.