(pop, fem.) French for :
1. Idiotic or silly statement.
2. A fuck-up.
3. Worthless piece of shit.
= une connerie.
"... to put food on your children." Nice one !fuck-up
= une connerie
- Er ... Jude ... I think I made a connerie ...
- AAAAARGH !!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY COMPUTER !?worthless piece of shit
= une connerie
- (long sigh) So ... what did you buy yourself today ?
- Look, it's great : it's an electric coffee stirrer.
, t'as pas fini de claquer
pour des conneries ...
Multi-purpose French verb, roughly equivalent to "Fuck" in English.
Etymologically, means to "accidentally pull out of the vagina during intercourse".
In its current use, it could mean :
* To kid, to tease, to fuck with somebody.
* To goof, mess, kid, dick, or fuck around (or about).
* To be dysfunctional, or fucked up.
* To make a bad (though funny) mistake, to fuck up.
To fuck with
- Hey, Bob - how's your room ? Cleaned up already ? Your mom
says she'll come up in 5 minutes.
- (panicked yell) FUCK
- Naaah, je déconne :-D !
To fuck around
- Yeah ... about Scott ... he's been dick
ing around for 15 years = ça fait quinze ans qu'il passe son temps à déconner ... Maybe that would not hurt him to get a bit serious, for a change !
To be fucked up
- Hey, Matt, heard about the latest decision of the Supreme Court
? They ruled that a Corporation
is a person with freedom of speach
, and therefore should be OK'd to donate
to an electoral campaign
, ils déconnent sec, ceux-là !
d'écran de MERDE
- What's going on, Ryan ?
- That fucking
CRT screen ... il déconne encore !
To fuck up
- So Spud showed up high
at his job interview
- Oh jeez
:-D ! C'est déconneeeeeer !!
Form of democracy where public participation is limited to Facebook group membership.
Facebook Democracy is on the verge of overthrowing Chain-Mail Petition Democracy in Canada (1)(2)(3).
(1): By 2012, the elections participation rate is predicted to drop below 50% at almost all levels (Municipal, Provincial and Federal), effectively dismissing Representative Democracy as the ruling system in Canada.
(2): probably due to weather conditions, and with the notable exceptions of the Critical Mass, of the World Naked Bike Ride, and of the Zombie Walk, demonstrations are virtually non-existent in most provinces.
(3): possibly with regard to the well-documented ineffectiveness of legitimate petitions, the Canadians MPs have started refusing to acknowledge their reception. Ref : Straight.com, Vancouver, occupiers-saxton-office-avoid-jail-time : “We were forced to submit this petition by sliding it through a mail slot in the back of Parliament”
>> "Axe the BC Gas Tax" : against the BC Carbon tax.
>> "Stop Gateway" : against the Gateway Project in BC.
>> "Canadians Against Proroguing Parliament" : against Harper's last move
(verb) French for :
1. Slam (a door).
2. Kick the bucket.
3. Spend or waste (huge amounts of money).
the door shut :
- So what's up with Josh ?
- Dunno. Last thing I heard before he left, he was yelling his head off. Kind of a way to "claquer la porte".
- Shoot - Jodie must really have déconner
, this time.
2. Kick the bucket
From an advertisement for internet access to elderly people :
- "Les vieux, 'faut que ça clique, ou 'faut que ça claque !"
(= "Old people : click it, or kick it !")
3. Spend money
Shit, man : that dude over there : he's busy "claquer" his cash
like there's no tomorrow