Multi-purpose French verb, roughly equivalent to "Fuck" in English.
Etymologically, means to "accidentally pull out of the vagina during intercourse".
In its current use, it could mean :
* To kid, to tease, to fuck with somebody.
* To goof, mess, kid, dick, or fuck around (or about).
* To be dysfunctional, or fucked up.
* To make a bad (though funny) mistake, to fuck up.
To fuck with
- Hey, Bob - how's your room ? Cleaned up already ? Your mom
says she'll come up in 5 minutes.
- (panicked yell) FUCK
- Naaah, je déconne :-D !
To fuck around
- Yeah ... about Scott ... he's been dick
ing around for 15 years = ça fait quinze ans qu'il passe son temps à déconner ... Maybe that would not hurt him to get a bit serious, for a change !
To be fucked up
- Hey, Matt, heard about the latest decision of the Supreme Court
? They ruled that a Corporation
is a person with freedom of speach
, and therefore should be OK'd to donate
to an electoral campaign
, ils déconnent sec, ceux-là !
d'écran de MERDE
- What's going on, Ryan ?
- That fucking
CRT screen ... il déconne encore !
To fuck up
- So Spud showed up high
at his job interview
- Oh jeez
:-D ! C'est déconneeeeeer !!