Unofficial motto of supporters of Rangers FC, Scotlands most succesful football team. It is from a line in a song sung by the supporters.
We are the supporters,
Who sing of victory,
We'll follow Glasgow Rangers,
From Kilmarnock to Dundee,
We follow Glasgow Rangers,
Our hearts are strong and true,
WE ARE THE PEOPLE,
Who cheer the boys in blue.
The patch of hair seperate from the rest of the hair on the head of a man in the middle of male pattern baldness. Like a follicular version of the Oxbow lake. Named after Newcastle and England striker Alan Shearer, this term was popularised by radio DJ's Mark and Lard in the late nineties.
Other people sporting the Alan Shearer Island include Jim Robinson from Neighbours and Steve McDonald from Coronation Street.
"If I start loosing my hair I'll just shave it all off. I don't want an Alan Shearer Island"
Celtic Minded (commonly pronouced ra sellic minded) is the term used to describe certain sections of the Celtic support. While anybody can support Celtic, to be a fully accepted member of the Celtic "family" one must meet the following critera :-
1. Catholic - This is a must , although one does not need to be practising (indeed the vast majority are not) to be fully accepted into the Celtic "family" one must allege to follow the man in Rome
2. Irish - One does not need to actually be Irish but to be fully accepted one must profess a love for the country of Ireland (even more than one's own country). Extra points are awarded for having a link to Ireland regardless of how tenuous that link may be (having a pint of Guinness is often enough)
3. Hate Rangers - Again this a must. To be fully accepted into the Celtic family one must display a hatred of all things Rangers related. This hatred must be put before the love for one's own team
4. Hate the UK - Another essential trait of the Celtic Minded. Depsite the fact that the vast majority of the Celtic Minded family have a United Kingdom of Great Britan and Northern Ireland passport to be fully accepted one must display a hatred for all things British
5. Hate The Queen - Plus points will be granted for a good old hatred of Her Majesty The Queen. This goes hand in hand in hand with the next point
6. Hate Proddies - Simply put, being Celtic Minded mean's one must show a dislike for those of the one truth faith.
Extra point's are awarded for showing affection to known woman and baby killers The IRA
Jock Stein is a prime example of one who , despite helping Celtic to become the first BRITISH team to win the old European Cup , was never deemed to be Celtic Minded. This can be seen in the fact that after he stepped down as manager he was only offered the lowly position of Head of the Celtic Pools. Big Jock Knew that he was better than this and refused the position
CelticMinded is also the name of a website that caters for those that meet the above critera. It is famous for stealing charity money to help fund the owners holidays and is in general a place that one should avoid
Aye wee Gordy, hes done ok, but he pyoor no Celtic Minded an aww rat, hes got tae go
See wee lennon by ra way. Hes pyoor pish but hes Celtic Minded and aww rat no, so bhoys go tae stay, a love lennon
A donated money to CelticMinded and mince hud a guid holidy