A term of pride OR an insult, depending on your professional sports team allegiances.
1) The big chunk of land located east of New York
that contains millions of heartbroken sports fans come October.
2) A collection of eternal losers who somehow keep the faith every season.
3) A collection of eternal losers in general.
1) It's good to live here in Red Sox Nation.
2) Red Sox Nation will keep their spirits up regardless of their bad fortune.
3) Those freaking idiots in Red Sox Nation need to get a life already and root for the Yankees.