Having desires that conflict with the selfishness of others.
A: "I'm getting my appendectomy tomorrow. I need to save this money for copay."
B: "How could you be so selfish? Spending money on "necessary operations" left and right, and meanwhile my wife and I can't pay the television bill. I can't believe you could be so - "
A: "Get the fuck out."
B: "But I need - "
1. Any substance that takes an inordinately long time to pass from one's system and leads one to choose a more harmful alternative that doesn't hang around in the fat cells so that a drug test may be passed successfully. See marijuana.
2. Potentially any substance sold by a street dealer.
3. A term liberally touted around by right-wing nutjobs who don't understand the meaning of the term "use responsibly."
1. If I smoke this joint, I'll have to wait to pass a drug test because it will linger in my system for a week or more. But if I take these slightly more dangerous pills, they'll get flushed out in a day or two. The solution is simple! *swallows twelve pills*
2. Me: "Hey man, you got anything green?"
Dealer: "Yeah, that'll be ten bucks. By the way, you like angel dust?"
3. Bill O'Reilly: "Marijuana is a gateway drug! Studies have shown that people who smoke marijuana are led to experiment with other, more harmful drugs to get the same effect!"
Me: "What about alcohol? You'll buy just about anything while you're drunk. Besides, marijuana isn't even a drug, you toolbag."
Bill O'Reilly: "NANNY NANNY BOO BOO STICK YOUR HEAD IN DOO DOO I'M LOUDER THAN YOU! I WIN!"