T for Temple
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
for the Cherry and the White
for the Cherry and the White let's FIGHT
you went to Temple
1. You bought
freshman year at the Stab-n-Grab.
2. You can identify a crackhead a mile away.
3. You can't understand why that
1 girl never wore shoes
because you were always afraid you'd step on a needle or crack vial.
of freaking out about
the mouse on your
freshman year, you gave it a lovable
5. You know that Temple
is the best
college in Philly area, but above
all you hate snotty rich Penn
6. You know that
students, they're just
commercial is true in so many ways.
marching band plays all the latest hip hop hits.
8. You know
the mascot's name is not "the Temple
Owl," but "Hooter T. Owl" and that
there is also a junior mascot named "Baby Owl."
9. You don't know
the words to the alma mater, but you know when
to holla "HOOTIE HOO!"
10. You know that
you don't stop at red lights when
you're driving in the hood.
11. You know
all the homeless people on campus by name and recognize
you see them in other parts of the city.
12. You actually KNOW
the city and use the subway, unlike most college kids in Philly.
13. There was a shooting or stabbing on campus every year you attended Temple
14. You're accustomed to reports of rappers running from
the law passing through your
neighborhood (such as Beanie Sigel and ODB, may he rest in peace).
15. Even if you're a white girl, you've learned
it (if you didn't already know
16. You were on financial aid and had a Work-Study job and so did pratically everyone else you knew (other than your pot-dealing
17. You know that
if you parked your
car on campus and left even a nickel visible, a crackhead WOULD break in and steal
it. Likewise with a CD, but the perpetrator would be a pre-teen.
18. Every class
you took talked about
3 things: race, class
, and gender.
19. Yeah, the football team sucks, but that
didn't matter when
we had John Chaney coaching our basketball team!
20. The Bell Tower was not only a popular location for anti-abortion propaganda, but it was a good place to go to skip class
, as well as the grassy knoll by Beury.
21. You wondered what the architect who designed Beury was smoking when
s/he designed the circles on the side of the building that
reminded you of octopus
tentacles...and most likely you were smoking when
you thought they looked like tentacles.
22. You can't understand why anyone would choose to go to Penn
State over Temple
23. You probably
didn't get into Penn
State and that
's why you went to Temple
24. You know that
the J&H caf food is only 1 step above
prison food and has a laxative effect.
25. You've been
for course packets.
26. You can sleep through
gun shots, no problem.
27. You've had class
interrupted by the sound of Power 99 blaring from
someone's car stereo parked
Hall (if you remember Curtis
28. You've had class
interrupted by a bird flying into
of your Curtis
29. You know
the ghetto squirrels ain't scared
30. You've heard Conwell's "Acres of Diamonds" speech referenced
again and again.
31. You relish the horrified looks
on the faces of the other
Philadelphia Big 5 teams' basketball players when
they come into
North Philly on their tour buses. You and the other Owl fans make them more terrified by drunkenly mobbing the bus after the game.
the U.S. Vice-President is mentioned in conversation, you automatically
think the person is talking about
John Chaney, not Dick.
33. Most importantly, you BLEED cherry and white and know
behind the letters "TUMF!"